Home

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Monochromatic Blues

Joanne has challenged the CCEE Stampers to make a monochromatic card this week.  I chose the blues.  I watercolored my flowers with a mixture of Stampin' Up reinkers and Twinkling H20s.  I have a complete list of supplies I used at the end of this post.



If you'd like to play along with us and see the designs my friends Cindy, Frances, Shirley, Tosha, and Joanne made, please visit our CCEE Stampers blog.

Stamps: Daisies (#506-05)

Cardstock: White, Not Quite Navy dp, Marina Mist
Ink: Marina Mist, Not Quite Navy, Night of Navy, Baja Breeze
Accessories: Versamark, PEARLustre SAPPHIRE Opaque embossing powder, watercolor brush, Miter Maker, lacey border punch, white brads, deckled Nestabilities
Technique: heat embossing, watercolor


12 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFUL Girl!!

StampOwl said...

awesome card Charlene

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is gorgeous. Love those flowers and the neat layout.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Charlene, this is a knockout! What a gorgeous design.

Joanne (jojot) said...

OMGosh....how did I not comment on this before....I must have written the comment and then forgot to post it...I do that sometimes....shame on me...cuz this blue beauty is gorgeous...love how you used the border on the diagonal...wow...such an eye catching detail

hope you are basking in the sun...

Traci M said...

Great detail, Charlene...you work magic with those blues!! I really like the miter tool, that looks like it would help with those angles, huh?
Hope you are doing well, oh, maybe on a vacation I see? Enjoy your time away!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Charlene!! I just love the monochromatic blue. Your coloring and layout is stunning!! So elegant!!
hugs,
Chris

Carolyn King said...

beautiful. love the idea of a monochromatic challenge--great look and loving your watercolored blues!

Julia Aston said...

So beautiful in the blue Charlene! love that punched edge and the pretty daisies!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

LOVE the look you created with the over-lapping loops Bert!! And the stripes paired with the dots...fantastic!! What a beauty!!

prunelle1350 said...

I love Rubbernecker background stamps.
Thanks for sharing with us this beautiful card
Christiane

atc said...

I like the layers you put together and the coloring is very attractive.