Home

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Some Saturday Stampin'

Happy Saturday to you!  Thanks for stopping in at my blog.

I had a chance to make a couple cards today.  The first one is for the Inspiration challenge on Splitcoaststampers  from the LoveArtWorks Clay Pottery website.  I was drawn to Kristen's raspberry treat platter.



Kristen uses a lot of black/white line drawing with splashes of color on some of her designs, as well as a lot of bird images, so I brought all three of those elements into my design using an old SU hostess set. I relied heavily on my stamp-a-ma-jig to get the images lined up within the frames as well as for the solid image within that set to stamp the soft pastel colors over my images after I colored them with reinkers and a blender pen. I then cut each frame and adhered to a piece of black cardstock. I used my ScorPal for the scoring outside of the black frame. My card is 4 1/4" square.

My next card is in honor of this week's Queen for the Day zgirlsgranny, aka Linda.  Linda is such a sweetheart and a terrific stamper to boot! She's also a crazy tea partier at Teapot Tuesdays, and we always have such a blast.





My poochies are clear stamps by Inkadinkadoo in solid images. For the pappa pooch on the left, I stamped him first in creamy caramel, lined him up with my stamp-a-ma-jig and stamped him again in chocolate chip. I then took a black marker and colored just certain portions of the image and stamped the image again using my stamp-a-ma-jig. For the darling daughter poochie on the right, I stamped her in Adirondack's ginger (to reflect her lovely reddish brown tresses) and then took black marker and colored portions of her, too. I had to cut out each piece of both poochies and glue them to the kraft cardstock.

This darling daughter pooch with the beautiful reddish brown hair is giving her pappa pooch a particularly delicious bone for Father's Day. It will be in the form of a gift certificate to one of his favorite stores.

Happy Father's Day Pappa!





3 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

I love them both....love the blocking details and 'whiteness' on the first....and, well, those fabulously fashionable pooches surely caught my attention....you are a technique guru my friend...love to see what you are up to...

hope all is well with you and yours

hugs
snosnot

Stef H said...

well how the heck r ya? i know, i'm a slacker. what can i say!!! actually i've been very busy. i'm starting up a challenge blog July 1st and i hope to see you there!

all else is good and hope you are too!

big hugs :)

Traci M said...

I am so drawn to the doggies, Charlene, they look almost metallic...just the cutest card and I'd take that bone in a hearbeat if I were a dog! Stylin' for sure...
and love your blocking and the cool and clean white on the first. These are both wonderful originals!!